Thursday, March 14, 2013

In Which My Genes Create a Child

     After learning all the necessary information for understanding genetics, I am ready to pass on my genetic code to a lucky little munchkin of my own... not literally but in theory! With the aid of Senon's genes, I was able to 'create' our son: Leeon Eugene Frentress III. With a nifty hand-out, were were able to sort out our genotypes and coin flip to determine Leeon's Phenotype.






    Some of this image may look like wibbly wobbly to you, so I will pre-explain! Big letter is dominant and little letter is recessive (acting as a sort of punnett square). If you do not have one of the listed features your letter pairing will be double lower case. If you do have a feature listed (i.e. detached earlobes) You will put down a capital letter first and then flip a coin to determine whether the second letter is lower case or capitalized. Using the quick punnett square method, you can then determine the baby's genotype! Awesome!
This is some high quality nonsense. 

     Here is a picture I drew to show you what my little Leeon would look like in about his 20's. Play match up with the genotype paper to see what I did(n't) miss and make you feel like a genetic genius!
One in black and white, for it is easier to see. One in color so you know all the colored stuff on the genotype paper.

Thus concludes my post about my own child and the prospect of what he might look like. Enjoy your new genetic prowess.








No comments:

Post a Comment